There is something about hats. Now I am not talking about the ones you would wear to a wedding or Royal Ascot (usually in UK). Or not even days when you are on the beach wearing a hat to protect your skin from being sun burned. I am talking about hats that you wear on your regular day. Be it winter or summer, you can wear them all year round. Have you ever noticed women on the street wearing a hat? I bet you did. Purely because these women stand out from the crowd. It takes a good sense of confidence to pull this style off but when you wear it right, you will only get compliments. I promise. There is only one requirement. You need to understand how to choose the right hat for you otherwise you can get the attention for all the bad reasons ?
You don’t know why you should buy a hat? Well than hear me out:
- A good hat can uplift any outfit to a new level of chic
- They can cover your bad hair day and you will still look good
- It can make the outfit look complete
- You will get an attention. Be it on the street (people will notice you more) or from your friends.
- It can make you look a bit taller. Ok it is few cm, but still
Now it is not easy to choose the right hat for you, so I put together few tips to guide you with your selection process.
How to choose the right hat:
- The style. If you have never ever wore a hat, you will need to try probably loads of them before you will the one style that fits you. It is very helpful to take with you a friend. Not the one who will like everything you put on your head, but the one who you are sure will tell you the truth.
- The size. You need to think about how tall are you and what is your body proportion. If you are really short, you should go for hats that are small. If you are very tall, you can get away with very big hat. It is all about the proportion. It just needs to fit. A good hat is like a good pair of shoes. It need to fit your head size, and your body. Other wise you will just look odd (at least)
- A good hat should complement your wardrobe in colour, unless you want to make it the attention point. So normally I personally go for complementing colour to create that kind of look that is was meant to be worn like that. The second option is to wear contrasting colour. There you need to be a bit careful. Saying that. All in black outfit and bright red hat? I am all for it.
Bag; Chanel classic flap, Hat: Topshop, Shoes: Saint Laurent Tribute, Jacket: Topshop, Sweater: L.K. Bennett, T-shirt: Sandro, Belt: Tara Jarmon, Cullotes: Claudie Pierlot, Necklace: Bimba y Lola
Have a lovely day
Dear Petra, thnx for great explanation about wearing hats. This purple-black combo is stunning.
Thank you very much for your kind comment! Glad it helped 🙂 xxx Petra