Here is a question for you. Do you have this one perfect dress that you always tend to go for at certain occasions? Do you have this ideal piece that always saves you whenever you need it?
Tara Jarmon dress
Well I do and it is my Tara Jarmon dress I bought already some time ago. It is literally my saviour whenever I want to look very elegant but effortless. What I love is the loose shape (comes in handy when you eat a lot). I love the colour, which is timeless and you can wear it all year round. The materials is quite thick, so it is not completely clear that is purely for summer. It has the perfect combination of the wintery fabric and summery colour. I love the little crystal detail at the neckline (you don’t need any other jewellery) which makes it look a bit more special.
This is my “lunch” dress as I like to call it or “go to” dress. I believe I have never worn it at different occasion than a lunch. Be it just my husband and I, or meeting with friends, it is ALWAYS a lunch (no exceptions). Weird? I thought so at first.
Why to have a “go to” dress in your wardrobe
- It is always a good idea to have a “go to” dress whenever you feel uninspired. I haven’t yet met a girl who never had a moment standing in front of her full wardrobe complaining she doesn’t have anything to wear.
- You know that this dress suits you, no matter your current weight situation. Too many croissants? no problem, as this dress will not let you down.
- It is the kind of a dress that you will always feel comfortable and never under dressed or overdressed, in case you are not sure what to wear for the occasion.
- If, by any chance, you feel overdressed, remember, there is no such thing. It just that everybody else is under dressed.
If you still don’t have your “go to” dress, I would recommend you to get one.
Tips to get the right “go to” dress
- Look for a timeless, classic and simple design. Avoid trendy looks, as next year you will not like to wear that.
- Choose a plain colour, no patterns as these can also have changing trends.
- Go for a dress with sleeves (short sleeves are good). Unless you live in tropical weather, sleeves will come handy in winter months.
- Pay attention to the fabric. Remember that this is an investment and therefore you want to have very high quality fabric. I am aware that a nice dress with great fabric can be pricey, but think long term and cost per wear over the years to come.
So my Tara Jarmon dress is my “go to” dress and this time I teamed it with nude Christian Louboutin simple pumps and Valentino Rockstuds handbag. Simple and chic for amazing lunch at the Ritz London.
Bag: Valentino, Dress: Tara Jarmon, Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Do you already have a “go to” dress? Let me know in the comments below.