My thoughts on flare jeans
You can’t imagine how happy I am to see that the flare jeans are back in fashion. So 70’s, I know. But skinny jeans have been reigning far too long for my liking. Don’t get me wrong, I love skinny jeans (nothing better when you want to wear them with boots) but come on. Show me one person who doesn’t look good in flare jeans? And on the other hand, does everyone look great in skinny jeans? I don’t think so and for many years I was struggling to find a good pair of jeans. This year I found several and I couldn’t have been happier about it. And the best part of it all is, that they are made from thick, flattering denim, with just enough stretch to give you margin without being like flare leggings.
Flare jeans past and present
Do you know how and when the flare jeans actually started? It is believed that in the 19th century the American sailors started to wear those bell bottom trousers (as they called them) because it was much easier to take them off when they got wet. You see? Very practical thinking indeed. Then it wasn’t until the end of the 60’s and 70’s when they really took off as a super fashionable piece. Absolutely everyone wore them. And since then they came back so many times, it is hard to even distinguish if they are on or off the trend. Well right now they are very much on the trend and in any colour.
Why to buy them
- You will hardy find a pair of jeans that will be more flattering than flare jeans. They fit literally every body shape and size.
- They make your legs look miles long and perfectly slim. That is a perfectly solid reason by itself, don’t you think?
- Flare jeans will also hide any imperfections in your legs shape. Do you have bigger calves? No problem, as these jeans will make them look small.
- They look great with most of the types of tops you can possibly wear. Short, long, wide or tight, anything goes.
- And last but not least, the history have again proven that good fashion always comes back.
The jeans I am wearing on the pictures are from Zara. Thick material, super comfortable and with unfinished ends. Perfect for the summer. The off the shoulder top is from Petersyn which I completely fell in love with. The bag is the Louis Vuitton Chain It Bag which was a present from my dear husband.
Bag: Louis Vuitton Chain It Bag, Flare Jeans: Zara, Heels: Alexander Wang, Top: Petersyn, Sunglasses: Linda Farrow, Belt: Bottega Veneta, Bracelet: Thomas Sabo
So what do you thing about the flare jeans trend?
have a lovely day
SHOP THE LOOK: