I love coats. I know the spring is finally creeping in but I couldn’t help myself but share with you my thoughts coats. Every winter I am thinking that I need new one. There is something about well cut well fitted coat. It somehow complements the whole outfit. However so far, I never ever bought a beige coat. I always thought the colour is a bit boring and it wouldn’t do much for me.
But the truth is, that the beige coat is like LBD. You never know when you need one and when you do, you are happy to find one in your closet. (for me that was the black coat till now) Now the beige coat seems to be everywhere. It has become one of the essentials for colder days.
Naturally I couldn’t resist and finally for this winter I bought one of those. So far, my coats always accentuated the waist either with a belt or with its cut. However, I thought to go for something more boyish. Darker beige coat with straight cut and just two buttons seemed perfect. I wasn’t quite sure if and how I would actually wear it. But then I have grown to love it. It now became one of my favourite coats.
Why you should invest in beige coat:
- The colour. It is actually great colour for a coat as it goes with most of other colours. I absolutely love to wear it blue jeans. In my case the fit is quite loose so the boyfriend jeans are perfect.
- The versatility. If you choose simple cut, you can dress it up or down based on what you wear. It will look elegant on the top of the cocktail dress as well as it will lift your day wear. (something a simple black coat doesn’t do that well)
- The fashion. In case you are interested, beige coat is the one to have in your closet right now.
- If you want a coat that is not black (safe bet, I know) but you are not sure what colour to add to your wardrobe, beige is the second safe bet.
How to choose a timeless beige coat:
- The colour. Make sure you choose a shade of beige that complement your skin tone. Wrong choice can easily wash you out and you become invisible (literally lol)
- The fabric. Make sure you choose a good quality fabric. A good coat can last for years, if you take care of well but the fabric is important and on this colour you can see every wrinkle and other potential damage. So invest well.
- The versatility and the cut. Think of how versatile you want to have it. The simpler the better. I promise, you won’t be disappointed if you follow the previous two points as well. I bought mine quite light, so I can wear it from October till April. If it is too cold, I just put one extra layer. Now that the weather is getting warmer I can throw it on the top of a shirt.
Coat: Jaeger (similar here), Bag: Saint Laurent (similar here), Jeans: Zara (similar here), Boots: Sergio Rossi (similar here), Sweater: John Lewis (similar here), Brooch: Chanel (similar here), Sunglasses: Michael Kors (similar here)
So what do you think, will this be the next piece in your wardrobe?
SHOP THE LOOK: