Leather jackets. Did you know that the fashion of leather jackets started in the late 20’s when Manhattan raincoat maker Irving Schott designed the first one for Harley Davidson as motorcycle jacket? Well now you know. Since then the fashion world went crazy and there wasn’t probably a decade without one. So based on that, we can assume that leather jackets will stay with a while longer.
However recently I was thinking about different cuts and colours. If you like leather jackets, the chances are you own at least one classic in black. Maybe several black ones? Different cut and length? But what about colour? Do you have a leather jacket that is actually not black (or beige)? If not I think it is time for you to start thinking of getting one and here are my reasons why.
Why colour leather jacket
- Black in classic but can be boring. Getting a leather jacket in an interesting colour will add more fun to your wardrobe.
- They are surprisingly versatile. While black one add a bit more edge, colour leather jacket will soften the edgy look.
- They are great if you don’t want to wear a blazer. On the pictures, I am wearing golden brocade vintage skirt and if I would wear it with a blazer, it would be too polished look. The leather jacket creates a day look, so you can get away with a bit more.
- Leather jackets are always in fashion. Always have been and most probably always will be. So investing in the one is a safe bet. In the end of the day they are with us almost 100 years!
- You can wear colour leather jacket all year round and especially during the warmer months. I think that the black leather jacket in the summer can look a bit sad, don’t you think?
Bag: Chanel Flap bag, Jacket: Topshop, Shoes: Jimmy Choo, Skirt: vintage Thierry Mugler, Shirt: Hobbs, Sunglasses: Prada, Belt: Claudie Pierlot, Earrings: Chanel
Have a lovely day and for once, buy yourself a leather jacket that will not be black 🙂